Sunday, September 5, 2010

Zesty Roasted Potatoes

Since I discovered what havoc white potatoes cause my blood sugar, we don't have them very often, but my husband loves roasted potatoes and now that the weather is cooling off (daytime temps in the upper 80's instead of upper 90's), I decided to make some potatoes to go with the lamb roast my husband cooked on the grill today.

2 tbl olive oil
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 tsp Emeril's green hot sauce
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin
4 medium potatoes (I used red potatoes, but gold or white would be fine)

Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray.

Scrub the potatoes but do not peel. Slice each potato lengthwise, then into eighths.

In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, and seasonings. Add the potato wedges and toss until the potatoes are well coated.

Put the potato wedges in the prepared roasting pan, reserving the marinade in a measuring cup. Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes. Drizzle some marinade over them and stir until the browned sides are facing up. Roast the potatoes for another 15-20 minutes or until evenly browned.

4 servings

No comments: